Monday, January 19, 2009

How I Feel About Adoption

Wow! I can't believe how hard it is for me to write this post! I have been writing and rewriting this for days now. I think I'm trying to say too much in a single post, and it's just not working. So I decided to keep it as short and sweet as possible, and let more of my thoughts about adoption come out over time.

Ok, short and sweet, here it is:

I hate adoption.

I do feel there are rare times when it is necessary for the welfare of the child.

BUT I believe that the majority of the time adoption takes place to fulfill the desire of couples that want a baby, and NOT to meet the needs of a child. If people were TRULY concerned about the child, they would do whatever it takes to keep the baby with its mother where it belongs.

I think that about covers it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment